twitter
rss

I am not sure if it’s my habit of going into a hibernation after every few posts or just a possibility that my little one is not giving me enough stories to post in. I believe its the former since Shaurya picks up a new trick every now and then and has been doing his best on that front. At times I just wish I had a photographic memory and ample time at hand to save and document every little incident for my little angel to read when he grows up…
Coming back to the title, well it seems quite apt to commence something with the name of the almighty, but here, the title refers to something else. It was yesterday when I had to visit the Kailash Colony market to run some important errands when I saw this fancy grocery store and decided to check it out. I was not running by any particular grocery list and followed my instinct with Shaurya as usual wanting everything in the store and handing out things to me and me putting them back.

It was some time before we finally stepped out of the store and I was intrigued by few people gathered right outside the door talking about the smoke emanating from the ventilator of the shop next door. It was just about that moment when someone opened the shutter and huge flames shot out of the shop.
fire We were stunned by the shooting flares and stood transfixed in our positions for a minute trying to understand the situation. It was only when I saw that people around us were shouting and running around, I realized that the raging fire was not less than 4 feet away from us.
I quickly grabbed Shaurya and rushed to the other side of the road where Shaurya’s Da-Ma was busy and alarmed her about the fire. It seemed forever waiting for her to come down the little flight of stairs and once she was with us, I wasted no time in rushing everyone across past the running people and screeching cars to the spot where our car was parked.
Normally you would see people give in to panic and jam all roads in a matter of few moments and I was just thankful that someone coming from behind sensed the commotion and halted and I got the needed space to take my car out and speed through a by-lane. Well, I must admit, that for once I felt that perhaps I was face to face with my end and perhaps was rushing through my last few moments and even found myself praying. But, I guess once we were out, I could compose myself but still could not think of anything but reaching back home at the earliest.
I guess it came as a greater shock to Shaurya and the entire sight moved him so much that he sat in the car with his hands folded and climbed the stairs to the house in the same manner and kept telling me that he was asking God not to ‘give us’ fire.
Shaurya Since it was already dusk and had become dark, he held my hand saying that he could not see my face and I finally managed to open the door lock with one hand and hugging Shaurya with the other. As soon as we were inside our home, he took me to the corner where we have placed some idols of Gods and Goddesses and folded his hands again and looked at me and said, “Jai Mata Ji Ki Jai”. i gave him a tight hug and did the ‘Jai-kaara’ for him and after that he did not let me leave him even for a minute. As I key in this post, I am sitting next to him as he sleeps. Perhaps the sight he saw is still bothering him a bit and he wakes up every now and then and looks at me as I try comforting him.
Well, my little angel, all I can wish for is the power to protect you from all dangers and be with you all the time. I ‘m sure that in a few years you will not want my protective arm around you and would learn to fight your own battles and deal with them. Perhaps someday as I grow old and frail I shall look upon you to hold me and comfort me like you need me today. One of these days when you shall grow up to be a fine strong man, I would seek you to hold me steady or guide me to safety but I guess no matter how the time changes us just remember that my good wishes and love would always be with you no matter where you are, to protect you from any impending danger.
God bless and as you say “Jai Mata Ji Ki Jai” again.

1 comments:

  1. Good to have you back...Waiting for more...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...