twitter
rss

Just remembered a quote by Emma Goldman, “I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.”
flowers Shaurya always amazes me with his new found likes and dislikes and this time it is his love for flowers. I wonder how, but Shaurya is quite obsessed with the fact that his mother should wear flowers. Whenever and where ever he sees a flower, he plucks it and gets it for me. I do feel like stopping him from plucking them, but then the selfish mother inside me wants him to get one every time. It is very fulfilling to see him running around looking at the flowers and then finally deciding on the one he would want for me.

Recently we attended three weddings and Shaurya got me flowers that were used for decoration to wear in my hair. So in all the wedding I have sported big yellow sunflowers to daisies. They did look funny at times but since they had been brought in by my little angel so I did put them willingly in my hair.
Shaurya usually goes for his skating sessions in the evenings and the little walk to the skating rink is lined with flowers. On our way back he loves picking flowers for me and then forces me to put them in my hair. I realize that I might look funny to a bystander as the era when women would adorn their tresses with flowers is long gone by and forgotten but then I admire the feelings with which he gives them to me and to respect those feelings I put the flowers on whenever he gives me one.
flowers2 In days ahead I am sure, Shaurya would get over this little routine and may not resort to buy or pick flowers until a couple of years down the line. Most likely they would then be for someone other than his mother. I hope that when you grow up you are sensitive and sensible enough to carry on doing these little things to make some one special feel all the more special. For now, I guess, I shall enjoy my little treats and this lovely little display of your love and smell the sweet scent of all flowers that you can lay your hands upon for me.

1 comments:

  1. One of the cutest stories you put in. Keep writing. I am sure there would be several more like these that you have failed to post so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...