twitter
rss

I think i need to tender my apologies to  my little one, who will definitely come up and ask me one day, that if I had started the blog for him, then why didn’t I write about every new thing that he did. Well, Mau (I love calling him that now), I can only say this in my defense that it is not easy being a working mother trying to do your bit with life, people, family matters and the little social work with Rotary that I try and be a part of from time to time. Honestly speaking, it’s been over a fortnight since our summer vacations began and there really hasn’t been a day that I have been able to sit and just relax at home. We have been stepping out of the house to complete an unfinished task or run errands in the scorching sun almost on a daily basis. Ah well, enough of my excuses and ranting about how busy I have been. Let me narrate this little story about Shaurya’s latest fixation.

I am sure as a child grows up and understands his environment better, he starts realizing that he can have his way for certain things and starts making and asserting his choices. In recent times, Shaurya has somehow got hooked onto the color BLUE and now everything around him has to be (no prize for guessing that) BLUE. He wants his room to have blue walls, his basket ball and cricket ball to be blue, his clothes blue..blue tee- shirts, blue jeans, blue shorts and then he even wants ME to wear blue all the time. In fact at times, he even wants a blue Bournvita and when obviously he can’t have it, he gets real aggressive. Maybe its about time I should meet Nestle people and ask them to manufacture a new blue variant of Bournvita :)
Blue Just a few days ago, I took Shaurya along with me to my salon and as I was getting my nails done he jumped up at the color palette and got all excited and told me, “Mamma, close your eyes, I have a surprise for you..” and so I did and to my surprise he had a nail paint in his hand and well.. yes, it was a nice electric blue shade and I had no other option but to get it applied so as to please him.
ShauryaI am sure it is only a matter of days before he gets over his ‘blues’ and finds something else to fancy, but just as a passing thought, I hope that when he grows up he shows little concern so as to do something once in a while just to please his old mommy here, just the way she is doing it now. But then, I guess, even if he doesn’t do that, as a mother I would love him just as much.
I shall try and write in more in days ahead, but for now I need to go out and give Shaurya his new blue kurta.

1 comments:

  1. Good one.. and after a long time too. You must write more often...and yes, by the way, I kind of like that blue nail paint. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...