twitter
rss

“I remember writing about Shaurya getting a cut on his head a few months ago, this time he got himself a nasty bruise on his fingers…The Ouch Days continue I guess…”

My little one got another lesson in safety recently. Everyday, after my school is over, I pick Shaurya from his ‘Da-Ma’s’ house and we normally drive home chatting and laughing. He is normally well behaved in the car and doesn’t create a ruckus and listens to what I have to say to him. I guess this just happened to be a special day when he was in his super playful mood and extremely naughty. I warned him that he might get hurt but my hero for once chose to ignore what his mamma had to say and didn’t pay attention to all what I was telling him.
We got off the car and as I turned around to take out his school bag and water bottle from the back seat he managed to sneak behind me and kept running his hands around the door. I picked up his stuff and closed the door and as soon as I did that, Shaurya gave out a loud cry. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I looked at him. He stood there crying and looking at me helplessly, trying to pull out his fingers from where they had stuck in the door.

I opened the door quickly to free his fingers which by then had already swollen. He was howling and tears rolled down his cheeks. I hugged him tight and could feel his entire body shivering in fright. I guess he was terrified and got scared by the fact that his favorite car could hurt him.
I took him inside the house and we sat on the stairs and as I hugged him again and rubbed and pressed his fingers and he said  “Mamma, car ne mujhe uui kar dii, aap car ko maar do, aap usko zor se daant laga do”.
I  told him that the car was not to be blamed and he was the one who was being naughty, but he wasn’t willing to understand anything. I guess the only way I could pacify him was to side with him and agree to what he had to say. So, I went out with him and scolded the car loudly to make him feel better.
Later when I managed to take him upstairs, I made him wash his hands, applied some medicine and turned on his favorite cartoon channel. In a short while, his pain eased out and he got engrossed in his show.
While I knew I was not entirely at fault here but I could not help feeling guilty for not being overtly careful with my dear little prince and held his hand for a long long time.
Even when I tried to get up, he never let me move away from him not because he was in pain, but because my little hero had his head resting on my shoulder and wanted me look at his fingers after every fifteen minutes or so.
Looking back at the incident I guess, I still should be thankful to God that the damage done was controllable and that he got over the pain in a short while. I believe it gives the mother son duo a lesson to remember that accidents hurt but being careful doesn’t. Ever since this happened, I double ensure that he is not playing around doors and even he is careful that he listens to me whenever I ask him to be careful.
umbrella So, maybe all is well that ends well. Just hope that he keeps up being my ‘good boy’ and pays heed to all that I tell him for his good. Probably in a few years he would want to argue and tell me that he doesn’t need me to think for him and that maybe he can take care of himself and things like that.. for now, let me just hold the umbrella up and shield you from all bad weather son.
Take care and Love you so much !!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...