twitter
rss

“Candles and Cakes and Sweets galore,
Fun and laughter and joys to soar,
I wish and pray there’s so much more,
On my angel’s day as he turns four ”

blog4 Fourth year for Shaurya and our parenthood. I have celebrated and enjoyed every little moment of my motherhood and the entire family and I eagerly await his day and try our best to shower our love and make it special for him. If last year we had multiple parties for him (Read ‘Shaurya turns three’), this year it was all quality family time. The weather Gods were pretty severe this winter and it was extremely cold on his birthday (January 8) and sparing a thought for all the grandparents and little kids on the guest list, we decided to have a small get together and dinner at home itself.
I did write about his special bonding with my dad in my last post and since my little prince’s Nanz and Nani were here with him to celebrate his special day, it made him feel all the more special and he couldn’t really hide his joy.

The Early Start
blog2Shaurya’s birthday celebrations started early in the morning, when his ‘Da-Ma’ and Chachu came over with loads of balloons and streamers and chocolates etc. I must thank his Chachu for getting the balloons and inflating them and getting them over for Shaurya to see as soon as he opened his eyes. Though my little prince doesn’t take it very well when he is disturbed from his peaceful slumber, he was particularly thrilled to see everyone and loved his balloons.
Later,
Since we thought of having the dinner at home, I decided to do everything myself. Shaurya’s Nani pitched in and I along with due help from Shaurya’s favourite Mohini Aunty went about the task of preparing the dinner. My phone did not stop ringing with wishes from everyone in the family. By late afternoon, his ‘Amaanshu and Pinkal’ came over to wish him like all previous years and my hero was quite happy to be the centre of attention and loved the pampering.
Early evening his ‘Da-Ma’ called up and wanted to take Shaurya shopping. I guess this was perhaps the only part of the day which did not go as planned partly because most of the stores were done with their new year and Christmas stocks and partly because we did not go with a clear agenda on what to buy for him. As it happened, we returned empty handed however, for Shaurya it was just an extension of his good time and he kind of enjoyed his ride to the Mall and his little outing of the day.
The Dinner…
The dinner was great and went on as planned. It was a small party with his Masi and ‘Dimple Dad’ and ‘Bunny Bhaiya’ coming over and others in the family. Though I had prepared food as per Shaurya’s liking, he decided that he wanted to have a pizza instead. (It was almost like you buy a nice expensive toy for a child and he ends up liking the box it came in more than the toy). Well, I did try coaxing him into having his favorite ‘Pooris’ but then on his insistance finally ordered a pizza for him. We stayed on watching some TV and Shaurya sat with his Nanz and kept talking to him non stop. Even if his Nanz went to the washroom to wash hands or just to turn the geyser on, he followed him around and went about imitating him. Probably had we not literally dragged him to bed with us, he would have clung onto his Nanz and wouldn’t have allowed them to leave the next morning.
Just before I slept
blog1 As I tucked Shaurya in and switched off the light, I reflected upon the day and the life gone by - another day had ended and another year began for Shaurya. He is four now and would be forty one day. I don’t know if I shall be there by his side that long but I guess I would always love him as much. When I play around with him I call him by a hundred names out of affection (Mau billi, koki poki, kuchi mau, shonu baby, gucchu pucchu, paaru….). Most of these don’t make much sense and often are invented on the fly. It surprises me at times when he responds and I am amazed at how he always gets to know that I am calling him.
I guess, with time he shall learn to be self reliant and will no longer need me for taking his decisions. We are the ones who decide his guest list for his birthdays now and there would be a day (perhaps not very far from now) when he would ask us to stay away from his parties and friends. Maybe, I would hate it then. Maybe I shall try and seek his attention and bug him even more, I don’t know.
All I know is that I would always wish the best for him and would try and be there as long as I can. Love you mau billi…and yes, a very Happy Birthday once again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...