twitter
rss

Shaurya has finally learnt to read and write. I am amazed to see the way he reads story books and his prescribed course books. He loves reading English books, and thanks to his DaMa, he is good at Hindi too. Well, I know am being too ambitious here, but yes I would love it if he becomes a voracious reader.

Parenting is a difficult task and even though I am an English teacher, I still cannot justify why ‘enough’ is not ‘enuf’ and ‘could’ is not ‘cud’. He puts me in a tizzy by asking such questions which I cannot even ‘Google’.

Drawing He made a drawing and labeled the things in it as small, medium and big and when I pointed out that the spellings were wrong, as he had put in ‘smol’, ‘meedeeyom’ and ‘big’, he was quick to add that the spellings were correct as they were articulated that way.

Goodness… Am sure William Wordsworth must have dealt with a child and that is how he must have written the famous one liner, “The child is the father of the Man”.

Well my love, you sure have taught me a lesson or two… never realized English would make my head spin, so much so that I would love to avoid all discussions related to it. But the most important lesson that I’ve learnt from you is ‘patience’. I have learnt to control my temper and instead of shouting at you for the many naughty things that you do, all I do is smile or share a laugh

4 comments:

  1. Short and sweet..Good one. :)

  1. thanks a ton... wish you had left your name...

  1. I'm a routine reader of ur blogs...i must say ur thoughts ,ideas n whatever u write in ur blogs are simply amazing ..it seems there is an excellent chemistry between son n mommy dear...touch wood...keep up ur great work...waiting 4 more of ur little ones tantrums....:))

  1. Though the casting heroine of the movie ENGLISH VINGLISH didn't get an award but ur little hero truly deserves an Oscar for the same...haha..:))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...