twitter
rss

I remember a time when we used to travel with our parents and were extra careful about the songs we wanted to play in the car. The songs were carefully selected to not contain anything that may be even remotely considered ‘inappropriate’ by my parents.

I never then realized that time would so change that parents will also be required to act as a DJ for their kids in the car and play the numbers they like while driving. Off late, my young prince has also started showing a liking for music and at times wants me to just forget driving and switch songs for him at his behest.
However, I am glad that he really likes listening to the songs I am also fond of and the requests usually include the oldies and soulful numbers from yesteryears that I like to hum along. It seems he has a natural flair for singing and keeps crooning every time he is alone in his room or feels that I am listening to him.
He is quite fond of  ‘Phoolon ka Taaron ka’ and ‘Bade achche lagte hain ye dharti, ye nadiya...’ in particular and wants them played over and over at times. I could coax him to record a few lines on my phone and could manage to upload and save them for later.
Having documented his initial effort, I thought of adding in a small note addressed to him.
Dear Son,
As you take your first few steps towards pursuing a creative interest of your choice, I feel happy for you and proud as a mother should be for her son on his feat.
I am sharing the two recordings I took with this post. Perhaps the rest of the world may not see this as some masterpiece of a musical genius but as a mother I take pride in all that you strive to do with a dedicated and sincere effort.
In fact this is the lesson I intend to pass on today to you. With time you will pick up new skills and learn and unlearn other things. You will pursue some hobby and be passionate about something else and perhaps this will change over course of time as well. I want you to promise me and yourself that whatever you decide to do or take up, you will give it one sincere trial before abandoning it, if you must.
Let no one tell you that you can’t do something. Remember there are no losers in life, only people who quit before they got to their goal.
For now, I shall let you be and enjoy your childhood and carefree singing. Let me play your requested song once again and maybe this time around I will join you as well.
With all love…
Shaurya’s rendition of the two songs is available at the following links:

2 comments:

  1. Good one.. Waiting for more.. just as ever.

  1. :) it was a long wait..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...