twitter
rss

Shaurya & The Idiot Box - Part II

_________________________

I am sure, people my age who were children a couple of decades ago, would remember those special jingles and catch lines that played on DD then. Right from “I love you Rasna”  (Catch the video here) to “Lijjat Papad” (Watch here), i-love-you-rasna1from “Washing powder, Nirma….” to “Tandarusti ki raksha karta hai Lifebuoy” I am sure everyone would have sung those lines one time or the other and everyone would have had his/her favourites. (Now if you are getting nostalgic, click here. I found this while surfing randomly).

I guess children are fascinated by the fast moving visuals and the rhyme and music which are part of a commercial. I am sure most of these marketing and advertisement agencies are driven and propelled by the challenge of luring a kid to hang onto their commercials and then eventually pursue the parents to buy the product under question.

Well, commercials comprise a larger part of Shaurya’s TV watching time. So, at times when you are trying to watch two shows simultaneously by hopping between the break times of each show, you need to be real quick while surfing the channels. If you slack and get late in changing the channel and if Shaurya catches a glimpse of a commercial playing on some intermediate channel, he won’t allow you to change the TV channel again. You will end up wasting your entire time watching the commercials with Shaurya who would then prompt you to sing along every single line of the jingle or shall make you repeat the catchy lines therein.

At times, I wake up in the morning with a line of the jingle I was singing to Shaurya the previous night, playing in my head. Trust me, it is then such a pain to get the line off your mind and you tend to hum the tune of the jingle all day long, much to your own indignation and annoyance.

These, I believe, are the subtle nuisances that all parents have to undergo one time or the other. I guess the job definition of Motherhood states patience as the foremost desired skill.

I am yet to see how patient my little star can be with me, when I grow old, lose my hearing and pester him to repeat things for me over and over again. Who knows? Maybe I shall just keep my fingers crossed till then or rather keep my fingers busy on the keyboard, recording such incidents and experiences till I hand him his blog some day.

Till next time, keep sending me your comments and feedback and any similar experiences. Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. Shaurya, your mom is on fire.....just in a span of a week, she wrote a second blog, looks she is really taking care of her readers....i would like to another famous jingle from her childhood days, which she forgot to mention.....“Paapaa aa gaye…hamarey liye kya laye?… chunnu key liye rupa underwear, aur munnu key liye ...hahaaaa....Roopa please excuse me for this....I still remember the days when Suraj use to sing these jingles for her dear 'Sis"...I am sure, now Sachin says....Rupa hain mere pass

  1. can't stop laughing... those days were sooo good and full of innocence...

  1. you are doing a great job, keep at it. it is a real pleasure reading about shaurya. this is wishing him the best for all times.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...