twitter
rss

The Song and The Mud

____________________

I remember the excitement and anticipation that annual functions and sports days in schools used to generate for us as kids. Well, it was time to relive all that excitement once again as Shaurya attended his first Sports Day at school last Sunday (February 1st, 2009). Since his class were the youngest lot in the school, I was asked to be with him for the march past and races.

march

Shaurya was not as excited as I was, maybe because he is still young to understand all this. He missed his March Past, as he got up late, but then we were in time for his songs routine.

Their class had to stand in a semi- circle and clap and act on the songs to be sung by the teachers. I stood behind him in the ground and kept singing all that I remembered of the lyrics. He kept on clapping like the other kids initially, but then something came upon him and he sat down to play with mud. While all other children were busy clapping and doing their actions, my little hero was busy with the plain joys of life, getting his hands dirty. He got so excited after a while and naughty as he is, he started throwing mud on himself and on the kids around him. It was funny to see him play on and be busy with himself and the dirt on the ground as children around him clapped on with the song.

Well I could not be with him all through the day, as I was one of the organizers, but I could see him sitting on his dad’s shoulders all the time. Seeing him in his Yellow Sports Day Dress I realized how fast the time went by. It was just two years back that he used to be in my arms, and I wanted him to run around, talk and play and here he was taking his first steps on the roads of learning and education.

As ever, I stood by his side, watching him and doling out my love for him in little ways he understood and carrying dreams for him which I hope, he would understand with time. And as ever, my heart swelled to see his antics with a joy that I guess only a mother would understand.

Love you, Son.

1 comments:

  1. Nice Roopa,it was short and sweet...keep writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...