twitter
rss

The season is changing, there is nip in the air and the mornings are turning hazy too. I guess Shaurya is enjoying this change of weather and I can see the signs of change, by the way he is venturing into the age of troublesome two and Yes, I am enjoying these winds of change. Taking him out in the car, playing with toys, attitude towards books, everything is changing now. Even his style of seeking attention is undergoing a sea change.

I guess a few of my hair turned white yesterday trying to make him sit still in the car, while we took him out shopping. All the while in the car, he was in his Grandma’s lap, whom he happens to call Da Ma (from Dadi Mama).. she had a stern 'NO' for everything that he did, but his naughty self was just not willing to listen to that 'NO'. He wanted to grab everything around, ranging from the car stereo to her purse, her spectacles, papers kept around and then the CD’s which he wanted to throw outside the window.

He did eventually, settle down playing with an old grocery bill but then it was just an odd piece of paper, powerless and inadequate to keep him satiated for long and so he was back being his naughty self, yelling and crying to touch things around.

Though Shaurya's Da Ma continued making vain attempts to settle him, hoping against hopes that he would listen to her 'NO's and finally give in, he instead took an alternate course of action and went on to bang his head onto his Da Ma. This did annoy her a little and finally I had to intervene and settle things down. At the end of this ordeal subjected by Shaurya, his Da Ma could only conclude that the only reason Shaurya behaved in such a rowdy manner was because he was hungry!!!! (Well I did happen to see the funny side of it.)

Hmm coming to the Ping Pong side of the story (which is still left out), It had always been tricky to get Shaurya's attention to wipe his nose. He could somehow sense that something is going to happen to his nose and would show signs of discomfort. So, right from his early childhood, whenever I had to pick up a handkerchief to wipe his nose, I would make butterfly gestures with my fingers and chant ‘Ping Pong’, 'Ping Pong' and draw the handkerchief close to his nose and get the job done.

And so, yesterday when I was wiping his nose and was onto the same trick of reciting ‘Ping Pong’, ‘Ping Pong’, he managed to imitate the 'Ping Pong' tone so perfectly that it did take me by some surprise. Not that I wasn't aware of the fact that he has started picking up words and gets into saying broken words (often clearly) but still it was amazing to listen to him repeat 'Ping - Pong' after me like that.

I reckon that I must have done the 'Ping-Pong' rhyme with him atleast half a dozen times then and he almost always repeated it to perfection. However, later in the day when his Daddy and Chachu came back home from work, I asked Shaurya to do 'Ping Pong' to Daddy and he went and held his nose, instead of wiping it!!!!

I know he’s growing up and seeing my little baby do all such things, makes me sit back and wonder at the little marvel all the more. I’m sure every child behaves in a similar way but then isn't every child special too. 

I guess I could not have found a better quote than this to voice my feelings here. "There's only one perfect child in the universe...... and every mother has it"

2 comments:

  1. The baby is beautiful!! :-)

    and your blogs are going to be definately loved when he grows up to read them!! :-)

  1. beautiful, charming, phenominal, skintillating ... m jus outta adjectives....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...